- J.D., Chapman University School of Law, cum laude; Editor-in-Chief, Chapman Law Review
- B.A., University of California, Irvine
Orange County Bar Foundation (Associate Board Member)
California Special Districts Association Legal Advisory Working Group member
Kevin's practice also focuses on the defense of insurance companies and their insured individuals and businesses in a wide array of general liability matters. He has extensive pre-trial litigation experience from handling all aspects of his cases in both state and federal courts, and has assisted in several trials.
In addition, Kevin has broad experience handling other types of civil litigation, including business, commercial, medical malpractice, employment, elder abuse, construction, real estate, toxic tort, environmental, and professional liability matters.
- Defending a City in federal civil rights litigation brought by individual firefighters and a union.
- Obtaining a favorable resolution of an inverse condemnation action alleging damage caused to private property by public works and City planning regulations.
- Obtaining a favorable resolution of a lawsuit alleging fraud and professional negligence against a financial planner and stockbroker.
- Obtaining dismissal on summary judgment of construction defect claims brought against general contractor arising out of the negligence of a subcontractor.
- Representing a law firm pre-litigation and in litigation brought by victims of a former client’s fraud schemes potentially involving individual attorneys at the firm.
- Obtaining dismissal on summary judgment of negligence claims brought against multiple newspaper companies after a catastrophic accident caused by a newspaper delivery contractor.
- Representing a South Korean pharmaceutical company in trade secret litigation filed in the U.S.
- Obtaining a defense verdict for a client sued by a neighbor for trespassing, assault, and battery.
- Obtaining a defense verdict for a County and its Sherriff’s Department in an action brought by minors alleging multiple counts of negligence when they were seriously injured after being struck by a vehicle at the scene of a prior accident.
- Preparing extensively for defense of an uninsured motorist claim in arbitration, resulting in a favorable resolution one day before arbitration.
- Defending public utilities in individual and class action wildfire litigation brought by affected parties.
- Representing nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities in physical and financial elder abuse and dependent adult abuse litigation.
- Preparing a presentation on HIPAA and medical privacy breach prevention and mitigation, and presenting to over 1,000 participants in state-wide training to public health employees.
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars 2018-2020
- National Order of Scribes Outstanding Law Graduate, 2012
- CALI Awards for top law school grade in Contracts, Torts, and Toxic Torts