- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Patrick regularly provides direct defense and supervisory litigation services and risk management advice to securities broker-dealers and clearing firms, investment advisors, insurers, including monoline insurers, real estate developers, banks and other financial institutions.
Patrick has successfully defended a broad spectrum of federal and state securities law claims in court and arbitration proceedings, ranging from retail customer suits against broker-dealers to claims of institutional investors arising out of complex financial transactions. He also has represented financial services clients in the conduct of internal investigations and in responding to regulatory inquiries, including inquires initiated by the SEC, FINRA and various state regulatory agencies, including as pertain to banking, securities and insurance lines. He also has represented financial services clients in prosecuting claims in state and federal courts, both locally and nationally, and has secured multimillion-dollar recoveries on their behalf by settlement, judgment and jury verdict.
In 1996, Patrick was appointed a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Nebraska. In that capacity, he successfully represented the Office of the Governor and the Executive Council of the State Legislature in an original action challenging four constitutional amendments approved by the voters of the State of Nebraska.
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Omaha "Lawyer of the Year," Litigation - Securities, 2020
- Best Lawyers®, Commercial Litigation; Securities Litigation, 2013-2020
- Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation, 2013-2019