- LL.B., University of Arkansas School of Law
- B.A., Vanderbilt University
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association (Member, Negotiated Acquisitions Committee of the Section of Business Law)
- Arkansas Bar Association (Chair, Intellectual Property Law Section, 2002)
- Pulaski County (Ark.) Bar Association
Watt provides lead counsel services in mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies, and in handling private equity and venture capital-related financings involved in business formation and development. He provides corporate governance and securities guidance to public and private companies in the financial services, information technology, health care, biotechnology and nanotechnology sectors. He has served as lead counsel in acquisitions and dispositions of publicly owned health care companies, as well as in private transactions involving health care providers, including skilled nursing facilities, transitional hospitals, hospice and home health care agencies, institutional pharmacies and outpatient and rehabilitation therapy centers.
In the life sciences industry, Watt’s practice has included representation of emerging technology companies as well as institutional private equity funding sources in fields such as cancer, osteoporosis and infectious disease diagnostics and therapeutics.
Watt also has represented issuers and broker-dealers in numerous private placements and initial public and secondary offerings of securities in many other industries, including medical technology, mobile software, power electronics, other manufacturing industries and banking, specialty insurance and related financial fields.
- Accelerate Arkansas, Board of Directors, Chair, 2008-2010
- Arkansas Arts Center, Board of Trustees, 1990-1998
- Arkansas Venture Forum
- Best Lawyers®, Little Rock "Lawyer of the Year" in Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2019, 2015, 2012
- Best Lawyers®, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, Securities, Venture Capital, Financial Services, 2017
- Best Lawyers®, "Lawyer of the Year," Securities Regulation, 2016, 2018
- Best Lawyers®, Little Rock "Lawyer of the Year" in Corporate Law, 2014
- Best Lawyers®, Little Rock "Lawyer of the Year" in Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2013
- Super Lawyers®, 2007-2011, 2013.
- Fribourgh Award, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Arkansas Venture Forum, Award for Leadership and Support for Entrepreneurship in Arkansas
- Chambers USA, Corporate and Securities Law, Number 1 Ranking