- J.D., Hamline University School of Law
- B.S., George Mason University
- District of Columbia
Joseph joined the firm as an associate after serving five years in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Corps. He represents clients in the full range of federal procurement matters including, but not limited to, protests before the GAO and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, preparation of requests for equitable adjustment and contract claims, default termination negotiations, contract appeals and government claims before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals, bid/proposal preparation, contract changes, patent and technical data rights protection, socio-economic policies and requirements (Service Contract Act, Davis-Bacon Act, EEO, Small Business and Small Disadvantaged Business contracting), novation and assignment of government contracts, and extraordinary contractual relief.
Government Contracts, Bid Protests Claims
- Captain, U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Corps (1995-2000)
- Army Prosecutor, 1st Infantry Division, Wuerzberg, Germany (1996-1998)
- Government Contracts Trial Attorney, U.S. Army Contract Appeals Division (1998-2000)
- Representing local redevelopment corporation before the ASBCA in contract dispute achieving precedent-setting decision recognizing indemnification claim based on third-party cost overruns associated with remediation of environmental contamination on former military property.
- Preparing requests for equitable adjustment for small business aviation maintenance company that led to settlement of cost overruns resulting from extended deployment of contractor personnel to Iraq.
- Representing parent company in the sale of subsidiary government contractor and negotiating with federal agency to expedite favorable resolution of a threatened termination for default. Matter was successfully resolved through the negotiation of a no-cost settlement of the contract.
- Intervenor's counsel in bid protest successfully upholding selection of the Intervenor as the Apparent Successful Offeror in $200 million military housing privatization project.
- Representing federal contractors in corporate restructuring and all aspects of federal regulatory compliance including equal opportunity employment, cost accounting, and small business certification.
- Representing various clients on GAO protest matters including timing and automatic stay requirements, interested party standing, GAO protective orders, grounds for protest, and comparisons of GAO and U.S. Court of Federals Claims protest process.
- Drafting and negotiating Purchase Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding and associated documents for the acquisition of public and private real estate.
- Environmental Due Diligence and compliance.
- Reviewing and analyzing Department of Defense Environmental Baseline Surveys and Findings of Suitability to Transfer for clients acquiring former military property.