- J.D., Northeastern University School of Law
- B.S., University of Arkansas
Rachel serves as day-to-day operational and compliance counsel to corporate clients and management professionals and represents clients involved in general business and employment disputes. Her practice includes:
Representing and advising healthcare businesses and providers, including hospitals, physician practices, ambulatory surgery centers and various ancillary service providers with regard to their operational activities and continued compliance with federal and state law, including:
- Providing day-to-day operational counsel regarding consent issues, fraud and abuse issues, self-referral issues, kickback, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement issues (including Medicare provider-based regulation issues), tax and exempt organization issues, and HIPAA/privacy issues.
- Performing day-to-day operational compliance work, including drafting of professional service agreements and other arrangements between providers and physicians or other third parties and drafting of corporate policies and procedures.
- Representing providers in connection with reimbursement issues, including appeals.
Representing and advising clients in commercial and employment disputes, including:
- Providing day-to-day operational counsel regarding compliance with federal and state law, including Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration Act (OSHA), and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Performing internal investigations and representing employers in state and federal court as well as before regulatory bodies and committees, including the Equal Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- Representing clients involved in general business litigation involving breaches of contract, fraud, negligence, and other intentional torts in state and federal courts.
Rachel received her law degree from Northwestern School of Law in Chicago, Illinois.