- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law, with Distinction
- B.A., Benedictine College, summa cum laude
Alex represents closely held, publicly traded, nonprofit, Taft-Hartley and governmental plan sponsors who administer, advise or serve as fiduciaries of employee benefit plans. He assists clients with compliance issues arising out of the plan design, administration and maintenance of defined contribution and defined benefit plans. He also oversees the correction of retirement plan errors using Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor programs.
Alex regularly advises on health and welfare plans, aiding clients with the drafting of plan documents and SPDs for wrap plan documents and advising employers with respect to state and local laws, such as paid leave ordinances.
- A publicly traded multinational security company with defined contribution benefit issues arising in a merger.
- A multiemployer fund in its monitoring of its defined benefit, defined contribution, and welfare plans.
- A national insurance company in the review of its claims procedures and participant notifications.