- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, summa cum laude
- M.P.A., University of Pittsburgh
- B.S., Duquesne University
Mary’s primary area of practice since she began practicing in 1991 has been state and municipal finance transactions. She also practiced for six years as bank counsel in secured transactions from 1992 through 1998. Mary has served as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, bank counsel and borrower’s counsel and has provided advice to clients on finance, regulatory and general governance issues.
Mary has represented a variety of clients in the public finance community, including investment banks, commercial banks and borrowers and governmental issuers throughout the states of Washington and Pennsylvania and in Idaho and Montana. Representative clients and issuers include Public Utility District No. 1 of Clark County, Washington, Spokane Public Facilities District, Spokane County, Washington, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PNC Bank, Barclays Capital Inc., U.S. Bank, Washington Trust Bank, other major national banks, Gonzaga University, various school districts, fire protection districts, cities and counties.
Other Professional Experience
- Cleveland Metropolitan General Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cleveland, Assistant Department Director, 1986-1988.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Public Welfare, Harrisburg, Management Analyst, 1985-1986.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Governor’s Office of Administration, Harrisburg, Management Analyst, 1984-1985.