- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, cum laude
- B.S.B.A., University of Nebraska at Omaha, with Distinction
Mercedes' practice focuses on real estate development, with particular emphasis on real estate development, financing and leasing, including projects combining private financing with various state and federal funding sources, such as tax credits, bonds, tax increment financing, Affordable Housing Program (AHP) loans, HOME loans, federally insured loans, and grants. She counsels owners, lenders and investors through all phases of real estate development, including land acquisition, financing, construction, leasing and disposition. Her experience spans the full range of commercial, residential and mixed-use projects with industrial, office, and affordable housing components. Mercedes also represents national and institutional lenders concerning a variety of real estate transactions.
- Closed over 1,100 commercial real estate financing transactions representing national institutional lenders.
- Serves as lead real estate counsel to an institutional investor in its nationwide acquisition, development and disposition of real property valued at over $200 million.
- Represents national low-income housing tax credit and historic tax credit investors in workout and restructurings.