- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law, with Distinction
- B.S., University of Nebraska
- Iowa (inactive)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Society of Pharmacy Law
- Nebraska Bar Association
Drawing upon her experience as an in-house counsel to an academic medical center, Torri focuses her practice on advising healthcare clients on the legal and practical implications of business arrangements and day-to-day operational and regulatory concerns.
Her work includes counseling clients on a variety of matters such as:
- Fraud and abuse laws, including Federal Stark Law, Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, and the Civil Monetary Penalties law
- HIPAA and other state and federal privacy laws
- The 340B Drug Pricing Program
- Medicare and Medicaid regulations and guidance regarding audits
- Accreditation standards
- Medical staff issues, including peer review and quality review committees
- State licensing and general regulatory laws and reporting requirements
- Business planning and formation of business entities
Torri has significant experience preparing and negotiating both routine employment contracts, vendor agreements, administrative agreements, as well as more complex agreements between hospital systems (or their related subsidiaries and affiliates) and physician groups, and managed care/payor contracts. She regularly provides guidance regarding general contract interpretation concerns and disputes.
She also works closely with pharmacies, pharmacists, drug wholesalers, PBMs, technology companies and other entities involved in the drug delivery system. This includes drafting and negotiation of pharmacy services agreements with manufacturers, other pharmacies, and payors and advising on FDA, DEA and other regulatory issues.
In addition, Torri has written several articles on healthcare law topics, including co-authoring articles on ACOs and physician-owned hospital issues and serving as a contributing author in a book published by the AHLA on the Corporate Practice of Medicine. Torri also serves as vice-chair of the Nebraska Bar Association - Health Law Section.
- Counseled new multi-state clinic on business formation, including preparation and review of operating agreements, preparation and filing of business documents, and provided assistance with obtaining licenses and permits from appropriate state and federal agencies.
- Represented the medical staff in a medical staff appeal hearing initiated by a member.
- Assisted in the formation and founding of a new physician owned acute care hospital.
- Represented physician practices in developing strategic relationships with hospitals.
- Counseled client in responding to health information data breach and drafted and implemented HIPAA compliance.corrective action plan.
- Assisted a national retail pharmacy chain in negotiating and drafting multi-million dollar drug distribution agreement.
- Advised a national PBM on issue related to licensure or exemptions from licensure.
- Represented physicians in administrative hearings in front of state medical licensing boards.
- Assisted with the development of clinically integrated networks and ACOs.