- J.D., Villanova University School of Law
- B.A., Villanova University
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Bankrtuptcy Court for the District of New Jersey
- New Jersey
- Villanova Law J. Willard O'Brien American Inn of Court
- Philadelphia Bar Association
In her litigation practice, Melissa has represented clients involved in various types of business disputes in state and federal courts across the nation, including most recently in California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
Melissa’s core practice focuses on prosecuting business tort claims, such as fraud, tortious interference with contractual relationships, and breach of fiduciary duty, as well as contractual and intellectual property claims. Melissa is experienced in other types of litigation relating to business entities, including civil RICO actions, creditor rights claims, lender liability claims, partnership/shareholder disputes, shareholder rights claims, licensing disputes, trade secret thefts, and construction matters. She has represented banks and other financial institutions in complex workout matters and collection actions, primarily in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Leveraging a litigator’s perspective, Melissa also advises clients on a myriad of general corporate and other business matters and has substantial experience in structuring and negotiating commercial transactions and drafting a wide variety of business related contracts. She is adept at solving business problems for her clients as well as helping them to avoid such distractions in the future.
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2010, 2013-2019