- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, Editor, California Regulatory Law Reporter
- B.A., Rutgers University
- Member, The Association of Business Trial Lawyers of Orange County
- Member, The American Institute of Architects
- Member, Armenian Bar Association
- Member, Orange County Bar Association, 22 years
- Board Member, Laura’s House
J. David Bournazian is a trial litigator and advisor and is often called upon by clients to handle their most difficult and sensitive matters. Bringing a depth of experience in handling highly intricate litigation and business negotiations, David represents national and international clients, including well known and publicly traded companies, in both litigation and transactional matters. Businesses seek out his assistance in crafting their trial strategies when facing especially difficult litigation.
David has served as the general counsel for Frank Gehry and Gehry Partners, LLP, one of the most renowned architects in the world, and for a highly successful Fortune 50 international retail and accessories company.
David has also served as lead trial counsel in cases involving business, real estate, class action, complex construction, Proposition 65, corporate, coverage, and employment. His complex commercial litigation practice is focused on disputes, with an emphasis on real estate, construction and ADA challenges. He has represented a wide variety of construction projects including airports expansions, large retail developments, sports arenas, bridges and highways, university and government buildings, power plants, hospitals, and mixed-use towers. He also has wide-ranging experience in class action litigation and regulatory issues regarding consumer products, involving a variety of state, federal and international environmental, product safety, chemical management, and related regulatory issues.
- Finance Management, The White House, Executive Office of the President of the United States, 1989
- Lead trial lawyer on proposition 65 cases throughout the State of California.
- Lead trial attorney for national construction claims, including complex development matters for an international retailer.
- Defended class action claims involving the alleged taking of private information by a national retailer and even obtained a client recovery.
- Lead trial attorney on numerous coordinated actions involving the Los Angeles International Airport.
- Defended class action claims and class certification attempts, including numerous wage and hour class action cases.
- Obtained defense award in internationally publicized fraud and discrimination case.
- Recovered millions for a developer of a power plant, including performance bonuses based upon efficiency of operation of the power plant.
- Obtained a defense outcome for the developer of a public works project, which included False Claims Act allegations.
- Negotiated design development agreement for new landmark museum in Paris, France.
- Obtained multimillion-dollar result in intellectual property case involving application of foreign law.
- Pursued several insurance claims to verdict and resolution at state and federal court levels, including complex contribution and recovery claims.
- Negotiated licensing agreement for $400 million professional sports arena in New York.
- Defended national retailer in website ADA accessibility claims.
- Defended hundreds of access claims involving countertops, aisle ways, and point of sale stations.
- Attained published result in McLaurin v. Russell Sigler, Inc., 155 F.Supp.3d 1042 (2016).