- J.D., Washburn University School of Law, cum laude, Order of Barristers, Articles Editor, Washburn Law Journal
- M.A., Park University
- B.S., University of Missouri, Kansas City
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Destiny is a trial lawyer who has counseled clients on all aspects of the litigation process, including individuals, small businesses, and large corporations. She has extensive experience in defense of civil lawsuits, including preparing and arguing successful dispositive motions and successfully defending trials to courts. She has litigated an array of claims from breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation, medical negligence, tort, construction defect, and employment related claims.
Destiny’s insurance practice is comprehensive, and encompasses coverage determination and litigating declaratory judgment, vexatious refusal to pay, and bad faith. From analyzing coverage under an insurance policy pre suit to defending bad faith and vexatious refusal claims, Destiny provides strategic recommendations to manage and evaluate risk and to resolve litigation favorably for carriers.
- Judicial Law Clerk, Third Judicial District Court of Shawnee County, Kansas
- Nexus Church, Director
- Served as trial counsel at two-week medical malpractice trial in Jackson County, Missouri, resulting in complete defense verdict for anesthesiologist clients against Plaintiff chiropractor’s claim in excess of $3.4 million.
- Obtained summary judgment in the United States District Court for the District of Kansas on Declaratory Judgment action filed against insurance client on insurance coverage dispute resulting in denial of Plaintiff’s claim of more than $150,000.
- Successfully assisted engineering company in wrongful death matter involving world’s largest waterslide (at the time) located in Kansas and resulting in complex choice of law, coverage, and settlement issues.
- Assisted heavily on large Kansas City Restaurant Gas Explosion Litigation where represented defendant in nearly a dozen lawsuits, including research of complex legal issues, drafting multi-litigation stage motions, depositions, and monitoring at several (7) weeks of trial in Jackson County, Missouri.
- Routinely provide coverage opinions and counsel about insurance coverage for personal injury, construction defect and other property damage, personal and advertising injury, additional insured, fire loss, criminal or fraud, and malpractice claims.
- KCMBA Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy Graduate
- John D. Ensley Excellence in Legal Writing Award
- Distinguished Pro-Bono Award Receipt, Washburn School of Law
- CALI Award(s) Recipient for several highest grades in law school
- ABA Fall Trial Advocacy Semi-Finalist