- J.D., Catholic University of America School of Law
- B.A., Swarthmore College
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Tax Court
- District of Columbia Superior Court
- District of Columbia
Jennifer's private practice experience includes litigation matters relating to asset-backed secured transactions including mortgage and equipment portfolios. She also has extensive experience representing major broker-dealers in customer disputes before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and in employment disputes before FINRA to enforce non-compete clauses against departing brokers. Jennifer has obtained numerous favorable rulings for such broker-dealers. In addition, Jennifer has experience in implementing and managing electronic discovery projects including document preservation and production, electronic searches, development of electronic discovery protocols, and vendor supervision and oversight.
Early in her career and prior to joining Kutak Rock, Jennifer was a judicial law clerk to the honorable Chief Judge John Garrett Penn for the United States District Court of the District of Columbia. She then gained significant and extensive experience as a trial attorney for the United States Department of Justice, Tax Division where she conducted numerous bench and jury trials in cases involving tax disputes in various United States District and Bankruptcy Courts. Jennifer was also an Assistant Federal Public Defender in the District of Columbia where she gained experience in federal criminal law.
- Representing major financial institution in fraud claims against issuers of mortgage-backed securities.
- Experienced in multi-state litigation involving asset-backed secured transactions related to equipment leases.
- Experienced in representing major financial institution in contract enforcement and judgment collection in federal and state courts and United States bankruptcy courts.
- Obtained favorable jury verdict for major hotel chain in defense of a multi-million dollar claim involving sexual harassment and employment discrimination.