- J.D., Washburn University School of Law, with Honors
- LL.M., University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Taxation
- B.S., St. Cloud State University, summa cum laude
- Kansas (Inactive)
- American Bar Association, Affordable Housing Section
- Colorado Bar Association, Real Estate and Taxation Section
Melissa counsels investors and syndicators in affordable housing projects across the country utilizing federal and state Low-Income Housing Tax Credits. Additionally, her practice includes advising tax credit investors on loan refinancing transactions, workouts and exit strategies.
Melissa represents public charities and private foundations with formation, qualification for and maintenance of tax-exempt status. She has extensive experience in corporate and tax matters including corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, structuring transactions to minimize federal and state income and sales taxes and tax controversy.
- "S Corporations in Detail," National Business Institute, June 2011