- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law
- LL.M., DePaul University, Taxation
- B.A., Brigham Young University
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- State Bar of Illinois
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Kevin has more than 30 years' experience in, and currently devotes all of his time to, public finance. He emphasizes the following practice areas: (a) housing finance; (b) general market financing, particularly in Illinois and Wisconsin; (c) exempt facility bonds; (d) qualified 501(c)(3) bonds; and (e) the tax law relating to tax-exempt bonds.
Kevin has served in the capacities of bond counsel, underwriter's or placement agent's counsel, special issuer's counsel, borrower's counsel and credit enhancer's counsel for billions of dollars in principal amount of bonds. He has worked on numerous financings for the Illinois Housing Development Authority, the City of Chicago and other issuers, and is currently bond counsel to the Cities of Madison and Janesville in Wisconsin.
- Serving as bond counsel for state housing finance agencies.
- Serving as bond counsel for general obligation and revenue bonds of cities, counties and school districts.
- Serving as bond counsel for numerous private activity bonds, including small issues, airports, multifamily housing, solid waste disposal and not-for-profit organizations.
- Serving as underwriters' counsel for a wide variety of bond issues.
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2023