- J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Order of the Coif
- B.A., University of Maine, with High Distinction
David has served as ongoing bond counsel to several state and local housing finance authorities, and regularly represents regional and national investment banking firms in transactions for state and local housing finance authorities around the country.
David has served as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in connection with tax allocation bonds for the City of Atlanta, Georgia and regularly acts as disclosure counsel for general obligation bond issues of the State of Georgia. As Vice Chair of the Firm, David helps lead the firm’s 14-person Executive Committee, which manages the firm.
- Led a team of firm lawyers in the creation of single-family drawdown programs for the preservation of volume cap, a product replicated by housing agencies throughout the country.
- Served as bond counsel to a state housing agency in connection with a tax-exempt warehousing facility for single-family mortgage loans, which transaction was recognized by the National
- Council of State Housing Agencies as the most innovative finance transaction of the year (2006).
- Served as disclosure counsel to the State of Georgia in a $1.4 billion general obligation bond transaction.
- Served as counsel to the underwriters in a $166 million tax increment financing for the conversion of a Brownfield site in Atlanta, Georgia into a multi-use commercial district.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2019 Public Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Atlanta
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Public Finance Law, 2015-2018