Kutak Rock LLP's Washington DC office is seeking a law clerk for the Fall 2020 semester. The law clerk should be a second or third year law student who is willing to establish a regular schedule of approximately 15-20 hours per week on mutually acceptable dates. The law clerk will work with attorneys in the D.C. Corporate and Government Services Department, Litigation Department, and Public Finance Department.
- Assemble and organize information for legal documents; research law; assemble case materials; prepare reports and memoranda.
- Prepare legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents, including transaction documents, complaints, declarations, discovery requests, responses, and other pleadings and legal documents.
- Research law by studying laws, statutes, constitutions, regulations, court opinions, including precedents and reasoning, and trends using standard print texts and computers; prepare legal memoranda.
- Support the negotiation and implementation of transactions by performing background research, preparing decision matrixes, and drafting legal agreements.
- Prepare for trial by preparing trial briefs, exhibits, subpoenas, evidence, and motions.
Skills/Qualifications: Client Confidentiality, Client Contact Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Legal Compliance, Administrative Writing Skills, Documentation Skills, Word Processing , Scheduling, Verbal Communication, Client Relationships. Candidates should include a transcript, resume and cover letter describing their interests.
Note: Deadline for applications is Friday, August 21 with an anticipated start date of early September.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.