Kutak Rock LLP's Washington DC office is seeking a Public Finance Associate Attorney with 1-3 years of experience in public finance or real estate finance. Experience working with state and local governments, underwriters and banks in connection with tax-exempt financings is helpful. In the absence of public finance experience, the successful candidate should have general corporate and real estate transactional experience. This position will work with partners, associates and clients in a very busy public finance practice, involving a wide range of types of transactions and projects, including:
- Research of federal and state law, including the Internal Revenue Code, the federal securities laws and local bond law
- Preparation of bond transaction documents, including bond indentures, loan agreements and closing documents
- Preparation of underwriting documents, including offering documents, purchase agreements and disclosure certificates
- Interacting with and communicating with client representatives and negotiating with opposing counsel Candidates must have:
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong analytical skills and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. The drive to help shape and expand a growing practice
- The ability and confidence to work independently and demonstrate flexibility and desire to work in a diverse, fast-paced practice
Application should include law school transcript, resume and cover letter describing interest in the position. Applicants must be licensed to practice in the District of Columbia. Admission to the Virginia State Bar is helpful.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.