Kutak Rock LLP, is seeking a project leader to join the firm’s special district practice group in its Tallahassee office. While candidates with experience in bond financing, real property and/or contract drafting are encouraged to apply, prior paralegal experience is NOT required.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate from an ABA approved institution are preferred for this position.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle a large amount of detailed information.
- Ability to quickly master new materials/information and processes.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-pace environment and manage multiple projects in response to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and willingness to assume responsibility for the start and completion of tasks.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare first drafts of transaction documents; attend drafting sessions; make revisions to primary documents.
- Coordinate the distribution of documents to participants.
- Work with various consultants and experts.
- Conduct research when necessary.
- Provide generalized support to attorneys at the firm.
- Handle routine correspondence, maintain telephone contact with clients and consult the supervising attorney for legal advice when necessary.
This position has competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Dependent Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Flexible Spending Plan. Health Savings Account. Profit-Sharing and 401(k) Retirement benefits. Paid Holidays and Paid-Time Off Plan. Employee Assistance Program. Tuition Reimbursement. Back-Up Care. Domestic Partner Benefits. Commuting Benefits. Some of the foregoing benefits include Employer/Employee cost sharing.
Kutak Rock requires all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to a reasonable accommodation for a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief if accommodation does not cause Kutak Rock an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and/or to the candidate who requested the accommodation.
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.