Kutak Rock LLP’s Spokane office is seeking a full-time, Receptionist / Legal Administrative Assistant. The hours for this full-time position are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. The candidate will be responsible for greeting clients, vendors and visitors, answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate employees, courier delivery coordination, maintenance of the reception area and conference rooms, as well as additional clerical duties as assigned. In addition to the front desk receptionist tasks, the candidate will also provide legal secretarial support for two attorneys and one paralegal whose practices are largely transactional within the public finance practice of the firm, with tasks including preparing, editing, proofing, uploading and printing of legal documents, assisting with time and expense entries as needed, and other needs throughout the office. Must dress in a professional manner and maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a multi-tasked environment and be proficient in Microsoft Office products. Experience in a law firm given high preference. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines, prioritize and multi-task, and have the ability to move from one project to another.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet clients, answer telephones, maintain conference rooms and schedules, handle incoming and outgoing mail and overnight deliveries.
- Use Outlook and other Microsoft Office and Word products.
- General office duties, such as preparing copies, printing e-mails and documents.
- Coordinate and order office supplies.
- Coordinate tenant issues with building management.
- Review and code vendor invoices for payment.
- Assist with monthly billing processes.
- Handle client matters (when appropriate) through telephone and e-mail.
- Create and revise legal documents, correspondence, memoranda as directed.
- Use IntAppTime (software package to record attorney time and expenses).
- Prepare Expense Memoranda.
- Maintain work calendars by scheduling appointments, conference calls and other meetings.
- Coordinate and prepare travel, hotel and car arrangements by using the internet.
- Filing responsibilities, including use of File Trail (software package) to organize and maintain extensive sets of files, both paper and electronic.
- Flexible with hours when work demands; and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Experience with Power Point and Excel
- Excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in presenting oneself in a professional setting
- Punctuality and dependability is a must
- High School (or equivalent) required; college given preference
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.