Kutak Rock LLP’s Spokane office seeks a full-time, litigation Legal Administrative Assistant with a minimum of three years of litigation experience. Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Office products, including O365, attention to detail and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
The Spokane litigation team is comprised of four lawyers, two paralegals and a legal administrative assistant. The candidate will join the team and provide shared support to the litigation department.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Type and revise discovery, memorandums, correspondence, including use of redaction and advance PDF processing software and table of authority software
- Submit federal, state and local court filings (electronically or as required by respective courts)
- Arrange for depositions and meetings, including maintaining and coordinating such events on individual attorney work calendars as well as requesting room reservations pursuant to office procedures
- Litigation docketing/calendaring for case deadlines and scheduling orders
- Generate, organize and maintain extensive sets of litigation files and pleading books, which may be physical or electronic or both, and familiarity with FileTrail for physical filing as well as NetDocuments for electronic filing needs
- Use of IntApp to record attorneys’ time and expenses and review time entries for proper notation per firm and client requirements
- Prepare travel, hotel and car arrangements as necessary
- Facilitate accounting processes as needed in order to complete month-end tasks timely and accurately, including familiarity with accounting-specific software, e.g., IntApp and Prebill Viewer
- Handle client matters (when appropriate) through telephone, e-mail, mail or facsimile
- Answer telephones and cover for others when needed
- General office duties such as preparing copies, scanning, printing e-mails and documents
- Review and route incoming and internal mail; assemble large mailings and utilize resources as needed
- Assist with attorney annual license and CLE requirements and related filings
- Familiarity with firm policies, procedures and available resources
- Discretion and maintenance of firm and client matters in strictest confidence
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Flexible with hours when work demands
Education and Experience
- High School (or equivalent) required; college given preference
- Three or more years' experience in legal field; preference given to litigation legal experience
- Microsoft Office 365
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, including Forte/Litera
- Experience with Power Point and Excel
- PDF applications such as Nuance and Adobe PDF
- NetDocuments (firm’s Document Management Systems)
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000, commensurate with experience.
Benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Dependent Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Flexible Spending Plan. Health Savings Account. Profit-Sharing and 401(k) Retirement benefits. Paid Holidays and Paid-Time Off Plan. Employee Assistance Program. Tuition Reimbursement. Back-Up Care. Domestic Partner Benefits. Commuting Benefits. Some of the foregoing benefits include Employer/Employee cost sharing.
Kutak Rock does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.