LITIGATION LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Scottsdale office is looking to hire a full time Legal Administrative Assistant to join the Litigation Department. The primary responsibility is to provide secretarial support to multiple litigation lawyers and be expected to work with other staff members in a variety of office settings. The selected candidate must be proficient in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office products, have an aptitude to learn new software platforms unique to Kutak Rock and adapt to changing technology on a continuing basis. Selected candidate must also have a minimum of three years of litigation secretarial experience. Experience with electronic filing in both state and federal courts is required. The ideal candidate is a team-oriented professional, works well under the pressures of deadlines, can prioritize and transition from one project to another. Candidates should enjoy a busy, commercial litigation practice, committed to providing high-quality work product and a strong attention to detail. Normal business hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday - Friday, with some flexibility specific to the Department and related work loads. This position qualifies for the hybrid work arrangement, which is expected to be a minimum of three days in the office and two days remote.
- General office duties, such as preparing scans, copies, printing e-mails and documents
- Prepare and/or edit pleadings, discovery, briefs, memorandums and correspondence in draft and final form to incorporate handwritten or typed revisions
- Proofread documents for changes to be made before the final copy is produced
- Use of redaction and advanced PDF editing tools
- Litigation calendaring and coordination with docketing staff
- Perform document comparisons using WorkShare
- Organize and maintain extensive sets of files, both electronic and paper
- Maintain e-mails and documents within the Firm’s Document Management System (NetDocs) and properly profile each document according to Department standards
- Proactively accept responsibility and take directions for work assignments and tasks
- Handle client matters (when appropriate) through telephone and e-mail
- Enter lawyers’ time and expenses for submission to Accounting Department through IntApp software
- Maintain work calendars by scheduling appointments, conference calls, meetings, and professional organization events
- Coordinate with in-house conference center for meetings as needed
- Must be detail oriented
- Work as a team player and cover for others within the work area
- Assist with other tasks as assigned or necessary within the Department
- Flexible with hours when work demands, and other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS (Skills, Experience, Education, Certifications):
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, including the use of Styles, Schemes, Table of Contents and Table of Authorities
- Capable of editing and assembly of PDF documents
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well under the pressures of deadlines, prioritize and multitask, and can move from one project to another
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- An aptitude to interface with lawyers, clients, and staff
- Experience working with legal professionals or a law firm
- Punctual and dependable
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; college given preference
Salary Range: $65,000 - $80,000, commensurate with experience.
Kutak Rock requires all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to a state or local exemption procedure, or a reasonable accommodation for a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief if accommodation does not cause Kutak Rock an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and/or to the candidate who requested the accommodation.
No agencies please.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.