The Legal IT Support Specialist II provides first- and second-level support, which includes the following: 1) Answering support phone calls, emails, and work tickets; 2) Using ticketing system to address incident management and detailed documentation of the issue, troubleshooting steps and resolution; 3) Communicating with customer regarding steps being taken to resolve issue as well as follow-up with customer after resolution; and 4) Assisting in the development and conducting of training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
User Support Services
Processes associated with providing on-site or remote user support and user account administration. Includes incident ticketing systems, issue reporting tools, and the capture of issue resolutions.
IT Hardware Management
Processes associated with managing all local IT devices, including new hardware setup and inventory, and assisting administrators in troubleshooting local server and networking issues.
*This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The following are competencies required to be successful in this position:
- Effective Communicator (Written and Oral)
The ability to communicate clearly and coherently, interpreting information and adapting communication to suit particular situations and audience needs.
- Customer Service
The ability to work cooperatively within a group to ensure that internal and external customers are satisfied. The desire to understand client concerns and build trust.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
The ability to develop and maintain relationships with others, and to work with others toward a common goal by working cooperatively, developing positive relationships, and providing information and assistance willingly.
The ability to develop and apply comprehensive planning and organizing strategies to ensure projects are appropriately prioritized and resources are used effectively and efficiently.
The ability to see opportunities to make improvements and independently choose strategies to achieve them; envisions new and innovative possibilities and acts on them independently to achieve benefits.
- Manages Change
The ability to change directions quickly as workflow needs change, and to respond with flexibility to a changing work environment.
- Strong Computer Skills
The ability to understand and effectively use the technologies provided; use initiative to apply technologies to new contexts.
SKILL SET AND ABILITIES
- Uses the utmost discretion regarding sensitive company and employee information.
- Must be able to coordinate resources and responsibilities and be able to get along well with others.
- Must be able to develop a strong rapport with various department staff earning trust and respect.
- Courteous, patient, and professional demeanor, both for digital communications and for face to face and phone interactions
- Two or more years’ experience providing front-line, technical end-user support in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Two or more years’ experience providing structured training in a professional environment.
- Experience providing support in-person and via remote connection.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft products including Windows and Office.
- Experience troubleshooting and documenting issue resolution and system processes.
- Experience performing administrator-level functions under the guidance of System Administrators.
- Good understanding of corporate computer security principles.
- Broad knowledge and experience of Windows based computers in both hardware and software.
- Basic knowledge of networking including DNS, DHCP, static IP assignment, routing, as well as troubleshooting networking issues.
- Familiarity with laser printers and troubleshooting methodology.
- Independent research and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds for short periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to travel between multiple offices.
The team atmosphere is fostered not only by the lawyers, but by all members of the support staff. Our firm’s employees are proud of collaborating to service firm clients. Our commitment to teamwork allows us to tap multiple fields of experience from our range of practice areas, ensuring our ability to meet each client’s individual needs. Our team approach enables us to analyze a situation from several points of view until we uncover the advantage that makes the difference for our client.
Our office has been proactive and diligent with our office policies to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. Consequently, this position currently involves temporary hybrid work, which includes remote work and, as work necessitates, work in our office.
Kutak Rock requires all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to a state or local exemption procedure, or a reasonable accommodation for a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief if accommodation does not cause Kutak Rock an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and/or to the candidate who requested the accommodation.
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.