This Litigation Paralegal position is ideal for a highly motivated and detail oriented individual with strong computer skills. The primary responsibility will be to provide direct assistance to a working group of attorneys by managing files for clients in a variety of industries. Assigned duties will include preparation, organization and management of case-related documents, data entry, docketing, preparation and comparison of charts, assisting with depositions and assisting during court proceedings. At no time may a paralegal give legal advice or opinion on behalf of the firm.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform legal and non-legal research
- Assist attorneys with organization and maintenance of documents
- Assist clients in gathering documents
- Prepare, analyze and proofread summaries of documents and other records
- Maintain case management system
- Coordinate projects to maintain smooth flow of work product
- Work overtime when necessary
- Draft pleadings, discovery, briefs, memorandums and correspondence
- Prepare for and attend client meetings
- Handle routine correspondence and maintain telephone contact with the client
- Organize documents which may include filing and photocopying
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited legal assistant program with two to five years of related work experience at a law firm or legal environment
- Computer-assisted legal research databases (Westlaw and/or Lexis)
- Knowledge and use of Law Library
- Litigation support database programs (Summation, iPro Eclipse or similar discovery management software programs)
Complexity of Decisions
- Ability to meet deadlines and organize large quantities of information
- Ability to work under pressure and in a timely manner
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Detail oriented
- Organizational skills
- Essentially a sedentary position
- Normal effort of general office work typically including bending, moving and lifting up to 25 pounds
Interaction with Others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact directly with attorneys, clients and other firm members on a daily basis
Kutak Rock requires all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to a state or local exemption procedure, or a reasonable accommodation for a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief if accommodation does not cause Kutak Rock an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and/or to the candidate who requested the accommodation.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.