This full time position is part of the office mailroom team and will be responsible for performing various duties such as internal routing, external delivery of documents, submit filings at various courthouses, answering phones, and handling all scan, copy or print requests. Requires excellent organizational skills, as well as the physical capabilities to climb stairs and do moderate to heavy lifting.
The hours for this position are 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Collects, sorts, distributes, and processes incoming and outgoing mail
· Routes internal office materials by walking to the appropriate location
· Completes small to very large scan, copy or print requests from staff and lawyers
· Delivers documents to clients by walking or by driving the firm vehicle
· Submits filings at the various courts by walking and/or driving to courthouse
· Operates postage and expedited mail equipment
· Demonstrates professional telephone skills and assists with telephone coverage for other departments
· Calculates charges for work performed through CopiTrak
· Distributes office supplies including printer paper
· Ensures copiers are working properly including clearing paper jams and informing technicians of specific problems
· Uses paper cutter, hole driller, bindery equipment (tape and coil/spiral machine)
· Handles materials received from FedEx, UPS and USPS
· Responsible for preparing and organizing materials for daily FedEx pickup for overnight and ground shipping
· Flexibility to work overtime
· Other duties as assigned
Complexity of Decisions
· Ability to work under pressures of deadlines and complete large volumes of work accurately and timely
· Ability to prioritize decision making
· Ability to understand and follow instructions, communicate information, and problem solve
· Self-starter with sense of urgency that is able to work independently with little supervision
Education and Experience
· High school education or equivalent
· Valid driver’s license; driving record will be verified with the State
· General understanding of documents for filing at various courts
· Knowledge of Acrobat, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
· General knowledge of standard office equipment
Kutak Rock requires all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to a state or local exemption procedure, or a reasonable accommodation for a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief if accommodation does not cause Kutak Rock an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and/or to the candidate who requested the accommodation.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.