Are you well organized, adaptable, and detail oriented? Are you experienced in Microsoft Word? Do you enjoy working as part of a team and independently? Are you looking for a secretarial position where you can learn and grow?
This fulltime (37.5 hours per week) position is part of a secretarial team that is primarily responsible for daily and weekly support in our three legal departments (corporate, litigation, and public finance). This legal secretary position has a basis for providing support where secretary desk coverage is needed, where special projects may be assigned or providing other support throughout the office. This position is a gateway to learn the culture, fundamentals and workload of the firm, with opportunities to specialize at a desk assignment in one of the legal departments as they become available.
Our office has been proactive and diligent with our office policies to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. Consequently, this position currently involves temporary hybrid work, which includes remote work and, as work necessitates, work in our office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typing documents, firm standard letters, pleadings, correspondence, and memoranda received via hand-written copy, electronically, Dictaphone, dictation or edited typed work product to firm format standards
- Use Word, Outlook and other Microsoft Office products at an advanced level, including:
- Section and page breaks
- Cross referencing
- Page numbering
- Styles and schemes
- Document comparisons
- Document conversions: Word to PDF/PDF to Word
- Table of Contents/Table of Authorities
- Utilize Document Management System and Email Management System for individual capacity and supported attorneys
- Using internal programs for document revision and clean-up
- Understanding and managing various document comparisons
- Answering telephones
- Using Intapp Time for accurate entering of time and expense records and effectively manage office deadlines
- Preparing expense memoranda and documentation in Intapp Time
- Using electronic and physical file system for organizing/maintaining sets of files
- Accurately make travel arrangements
- Copies, scans and files various client documents
- Proofreads all work to ensure accuracy
- Understands and interprets edit codes/shorthand/proofreading marks to incorporate document revisions
- Organize and coordinate mailings of various sizes and delivery methods
- Handles confidential documents and information with discretion
- Assist with maintaining Continuing Legal Education (CLE) transcripts and bar association memberships
- Handle or assist with client matters (when appropriate)
Education and Experience
- High School (or equivalent) required; college given preference
- Three or more years' experience in secretarial field; preference given to legal experience
- Knowledge of legal terminology and procedures
- Knowledge of PC and Windows applications
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills
- High level of attention to detail
The hours for this position are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour lunch (37.5 hours per week).
Kutak Rock requires all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to a state or local exemption procedure, or a reasonable accommodation for a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief if accommodation does not cause Kutak Rock an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and/or to the candidate who requested the accommodation.
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.