The primary responsibility is to work with lawyers whose practices relate to general real estate, commercial lending and corporate matters. Generally the duties will involve financial and real estate transactions, including assisting with general due diligence matters, preparing for and closing transactions and organizing and monitoring post-closing tasks. Paralegals consult with the supervising lawyer(s) whenever a legal judgment, legal opinion or legal advice is necessary.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance in preparation for and closing of various commercial lending and real estate transactions
- Prepare distribution lists and initial drafts of documents, certificates and opinions
- Assemble, coordinate, summarize, index and proofread documents from various commercial lending and real estate sources
- Prepare, file, track and maintain UCC filings; handle UCC filing research requests in all states
- Coordinate execution and delivery of documents, including organization and preparation of closing transcripts/binders
- Prepare and update status reports and checklists, as necessary, on pending and closed transactions
- Coordinate receipt of, organize and conduct initial reviews of due diligence documents including real estate and title materials
- Handle routine correspondence and maintain telephone contact with clients
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper filing
- Handle accounting responsibilities
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Related work experience at law firm or internal corporate law department. High preference given to those with Bachelor’s degree and successful completion of accredited legal assistant program.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Previous experience in private or internal corporate legal practice
- Understanding and use of Excel and Powerpoint preferred
- Experience with project and information management
Complexity of Duties
- Ability to meet deadlines and organize large quantities of information
- Candidate must thrive on challenges of fast-paced environment
- Ability to work unsupervised and meet multiple demands
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Detail oriented; recognizes and produces quality work product
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Essentially a sedentary position
- Normal effort of general office work typically will include bending, moving and ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Contact with Others
- Excellent communication skills to interact with lawyers, firm clients, visitors to the firm and other firm members daily
- Telephone skills to interact with and on behalf of lawyers and with clients, regulatory agencies and vendors
Our office has been proactive and diligent with our office policies to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. Consequently, this position currently involves temporary hybrid work, which includes remote work and, as work necessitates, work in our office.
Kutak Rock requires all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to a state or local exemption procedure, or a reasonable accommodation for a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief if accommodation does not cause Kutak Rock an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and/or to the candidate who requested the accommodation.
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.