CONFLICTS FILE OPENING AND RECORDS SPECIALIST
Kutak Rock LLP is currently seeking a Conflicts File Opening and Records Specialist who will be located in the Omaha office. The primary responsibilities are processing conflicts, file opening, records and audit letter requests.
This position prepares conflicts of interest reports to requesting attorneys and others quickly and effectively to assist in identifying conflict issues that need to be addressed prior to opening new matters and assists in the set up and maintenance of ethical screens as required. This position will play a critical role in ensuring the standardization and integrity of the firm’s conflicts data and file opening data in the firm’s computerized database. This position is responsible for opening new files quickly and with accuracy in compliance with the firm’s file opening and Engagement Committee policies and procedures and that new or change file opening forms are documented properly in the firm’s document management system.
This position assists with the firm-wide management of paper-based information and will assist with the effective and appropriate management of the firm’s records from their creation until their disposal in compliance with the firm’s document retention polices using the firm’s records management system.
This position provides administrative support to the firm’s Audit Letter Committee who is responsible for the firm’s audit letter requests and compliance with firm audit letter procedures. This position will play a critical role in ensuring responses to audit letters are made timely and responses are documented and filed in the firm’s document management system.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Heavy usage of databases to enter information for active and closed files
- Retrieves documents and/or files as requested or needed
- Prepares file jackets for new files
- Transfers files from active to closed
- Assists in record review/destruction follow-up activities
- Compare and check known entities to the firm for conflicts that may arise
- Assist with the file opening process for the entire firm
- Receives audit letter requests from clients and follow firm procedures to complete audit letter requests timely and accurately with attorneys and the firm’s Audit Letter Committee
- Maintain policies, procedures and checklists for engagement committees
- Assists in sending engagement checklists to the appropriate Engagements Committee
- Sort in-coming mail
- Hand deliver, ship or email documents and/or information upon request
- Filing, photocopying and scanning
- Flexibility to work overtime
- Assists with other duties as necessary
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree or equivalent work related experience preferred
- One to five years of related work experience
- Proficiency in using personal computers
- Accurate keyboarding skills
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Complexity of Duties
- Highly detailed work
- High degree of accuracy
- High degree of organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Self-starter and ability to work with little supervision
- Must be able to work with and handle confidential materials
- Must be able to lift, push, shove boxes weighing up to 50 pounds each
Contact With Others
- Good interpersonal skills to work in a team‑oriented environment
- Good communication skills to interact with vendors, attorneys and staff
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.