Kutak Rock LLP has an opening for a full-time Building Assistant in its Omaha office. Kutak Rock is a national law firm with offices in 19 locations, and it has an excellent benefits package.
The individual will assist with general maintenance and upkeep of the Omaha Building, a 140,000 square-foot, multi-story, office building, including attached grounds and parking lot. The ideal candidate will possess a variety of mechanical and carpentry skills and work well with deadlines and prioritizing multiple assignments. In addition, excellent written and verbal communication skills will be needed to interact with firm lawyers, staff, clients and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General maintenance and repair duties both inside and outside the building
- Groundskeeping duties including upkeep of the parking structure and sidewalks
- Install, adjust and repair equipment
- Move furniture, equipment and artwork
- Assist with the setup of in-house meetings, conferences and other events
- Assist with building comfort, housekeeping and security problems
- Complete work orders on a daily basis
- Flexibility to work overtime and be on call (24x7)
- General carpentry work and painting as needed
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- High school education or equivalent
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Condition (HVAC) Associates degree or equivalent experience preferred
- General familiarity and previous work experience with maintenance operations in large office building
- Carpentry and painting skills
- Experience moving equipment and furniture
- Basic computer knowledge
Complexity of Decisions
High degree of mechanical aptitude
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Widely varied temperatures and outside weather conditions to include heat, cold and snow/ice, wet and/or humid conditions
- Precarious or tight spaces
- Occasionally exposed to airborne particles (dust, etc.), toxic or caustic chemicals (cleaning agents, pesticides, etc.) and associated fumes
- Risk of electrical shock
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Continuous bending, stooping, grasping, balancing, and walking
- Frequently may be asked to reach above shoulder, push objects, do repetitive motions, crawl, or kneel
- Ability to ascend or descend stairs as necessary
- May need to work in an elevated area, such as on a ladder
- Ability to move furniture or objects for cleaning purposes as needed
- May be asked to detect specific noises in a work environment to determine proper equipment operation
- Moderate to heavy lifting (approximately 100 pounds)
No recruiter calls at this time.Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.