Kutak Rock LLP has an opening for a full-time Building Assistant in its Omaha office. The Building Assistant will assist with the general maintenance and upkeep of the Omaha Building. Owned and operated by the firm, the Omaha Building is a 140,000 square foot, multi-story office building which includes an attached parking lot and grounds.
- Install, adjust, and repair equipment
- Move furniture, equipment, and artwork
- Perform general maintenance and repair both inside and outside the building
- Perform groundskeeping duties including upkeep of the parking structure and sidewalks
- Assist with the setup of in-house meetings, conferences, and other events
- Assist with building comfort, housekeeping, and security problems
- General carpentry work and painting as needed
- Complete work orders on a daily basis
- Communicate with firm lawyers, staff, clients, and the general public
- Flexibility to work overtime and be on call (24/7)
- Assist with other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Skills & Abilities
- High degree of mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Carpentry, mechanical, and painting skills
- Familiarity with maintenance operations in a large office building
- Ability to work well under the pressures of deadlines and prioritize assignments
QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience
- High school or equivalent required; Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Associates degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience with maintenance operations in a large office building
- Experience moving equipment and furniture
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodation.
- Move objects weighing up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to ascend and descend ladders and stairs
- Must be able to position oneself to work in precarious or confined spaces
- May be asked to detect specific noises in a work environment to determine proper equipment operation
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Precarious or tight spaces
- Risk of electrical shock
- Occasional exposure to airborne particles (e.g., dust), toxic or caustic chemicals (e.g., cleaning agents, pesticides, etc.), and associated fumes
- Widely varied temperatures and outside weather conditions to include heat, cold, snow and ice, wet, and/or humid conditions
- Exposure to a moderate noise level
Salary Range: $17 - $20 per hour, commensurate with experience
Benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Dependent Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Flexible Spending Plan. Health Savings Account. Profit-Sharing and 401(k) Retirement benefits. Paid Holidays and Paid-Time Off Plan. Employee Assistance Program. Tuition Reimbursement. Back-Up Care. Domestic Partner Benefits. Commuting Benefits. Some of the foregoing benefits include Employer/Employee cost sharing.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Kutak Rock requires all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to a state or local exemption procedure, or a reasonable accommodation for a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief if accommodation does not cause Kutak Rock an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and/or to the candidate who requested the accommodation.
About the Firm
Kutak Rock was formed in 1965 with a commitment to exceptional client service delivered with a collaborative, team-focused approach. Our founding charter commits the firm to “allow and encourage each individual within it to be a full person,” and we strive to offer an exceptional professional environment, intellectually challenging and engaging work in multiple disciplines, competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for training and career development. We are a leading national law firm with locations in 19 cities united by our common commitment to our core values of client service; integrity and fairness; innovation; and inclusiveness and diversity.
We are dedicated to the maintenance of a respectful, collegial, communicative, and equal opportunity workplace that encourages and rewards innovation and entrepreneurship. We measure our success not just on the basis of our revenues or our profits, but by the satisfaction we deliver for our clients and the health, engagement and loyalty of our people.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.