Kutak Rock LLP, a national law firm, is seeking an associate to join its public finance practice department in Omaha. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest in and experience with housing development and finance, complex lending transactions, securities, real estate, contracts and/or corporate law. Although relevant transactional experience is preferred, otherwise interested and qualified candidates will be considered.
An associate in the Omaha public finance practice department will work with partners, associates, staff and clients in Omaha and throughout the country in a very busy practice, involving a wide range of types of transactions and projects, including:
- Research of federal and state law, including the Internal Revenue Code, the federal securities laws and local bond law
- Preparation of bond transaction documents, including bond indentures, bond ordinances and resolutions, loan agreements and closing documents
- Preparation of underwriting documents, including offering documents, purchase agreements and disclosure certificates
- Interacting and communicating with client representatives and negotiating with opposing counsel
Candidates must have the following:
- Strong academic credentials
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Good judgment
- The ability and confidence to work independently and flexibly
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.