As a national law firm with offices in 18 cities, we use our strengths to provide a collegial atmosphere that is deeply rooted in mutual respect, diversity and inclusiveness further enhancing the professional and personal effectiveness of our lawyers and staff. In this way, we utilize our resources to deliver high quality legal services for the ultimate benefit of the clients we serve.
This Accounting Specialist position is ideal for a motivated individual seeking variety and the opportunity to learn and develop. The position is part of a team-oriented group offering the chance to contribute and positively impact your career and the firm. Kutak Rock LLP is a national law firm strongly committed to its most important asset; its people.
- Assist with fixed asset record keeping including additions, disposals, transfers and depreciation
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets
- Prepare firm filings and registrations
- Prepare and distribute monthly and weekly reports including financial statements
- Gather, summarize, and present data for internal and external information requests
- Reconcile various general ledger and bank accounts
- Assist with preparation of annual external review work papers
- Assist with treasury management functions
- Execute month-end closing procedures in the accounting system
- Prepare and record various journal entries
- Assist in maintenance of accounting system set-up
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.