This position will assist in maintaining technical support of virtualized data center and HP production servers in multiple offices, in a single domain. These responsibilities include physical server maintenance, installation, tailoring and configuring Windows 2012 R2 through 2019 server software and components. Preferred candidates will have a strong background in server hardware platforms, including HP SAN, hardware RAID configurations, clustering and internal hardware components.
This position needs to have a full understanding of VMWare, Citrix, Microsoft Products, Two Factor Authentication as well as Microsoft Azure.
PLEASE NOTE: While the majority of the current work for this position will be from a remote at home environment, this is only temporary due to current conditions.
- Proactively manage service level performance of VMWare server environment
- Assist in maintaining the companies Microsoft Azure environment
- Test and integrate new server software as needed, troubleshoot server issues
- Proportion and assign SAN drive space, as necessary for operations.
- Assist in maintaining good backups of local resources and Azure
- Work with Operations, WAN Admin, Desktop Support, Cisco Phone Admin and Accounting
- Department on server issues and data restores, as required
- Assist with print server management
- Assist in Certificate Authority
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Expert Knowledge of Storage Area Network hardware and software
- Expert Knowledge of Virtual Server management to include vSphere
- Knowledgeable on HP Server and SAN hardware
- Experience in application support for Microsoft products including DNS, DHCP, ADFS, and SQL
- Knowledgeable on Microsoft Azure
- Experience in Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, Citrix ADC
- Basic Experience in Linux
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware
- Exceptional written, oral communication and interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly and to present ideas in user-friendly terms
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities and exceptional customer service orientation
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, servers, printers and peripherals
- Travel and late-night work as needed for making necessary equipment changes
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.