Kutak Rock LLP has an opening for a full-time Legal Secretary (Legal Administrative Assistant) in its Minneapolis office. Kutak Rock is a national law firm with offices in 18 locations, and it has an excellent benefits package.
This position will be working with the Litigation department, supporting multiple lawyers and will also be expected to work with other staff members in a variety of office settings. The ideal candidate will have experience working on federal and state court litigation, garnishments, and collections procedures. Experience in electronic filing in both state and federal court is required and experience with worker’s compensation filings is preferred. Excellent writing, proofreading, and organizational skills are required. The candidate should be experienced with managing multiple litigation files simultaneously, and in assisting with the preparation for depositions, hearings, and trial. The ability to work well under deadlines or pressure is important, as is the ability to productively use downtime to work on organizational and ongoing tasks. The ideal candidate will be someone who seeks out direction as appropriate, but who is fundamentally a self-starter who takes ownership of tasks and problem-solving even in the absence of specific direction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, prepare, proofread and process pleadings, discovery, briefs, and correspondence
- Docketing case deadlines and daily mail
- Electronically filing and handling service of pleadings according to the local rules in state and federal court, including bankruptcy
- File maintenance and organization
- Answering telephones
- Using Microsoft Office applications
- Handles client matters (when appropriate) through telephone and e-mail
- Using Intapp Time (software package) for time and expenses
- Keeps record of attorney’s time and expenses and submits to Accounting Department in a timely fashion; recapping expense memoranda and other miscellaneous accounting projects as assigned
- Maintains work calendars by scheduling appointments, conference calls and other meetings
- Prepares travel, hotel and car arrangements by using the internet
- General office duties, such as preparing copies, printing e-mails and documents
- Organizing and maintaining extensive sets of files, both paper and electronic
- Using FileTrail (software package) and organizing/maintaining sets of files
- Backup staff support in litigation and other departments
- Organizing and maintaining work room and supplies
- Must be flexible with hours when work demands; and other duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Four or more years' experience as a litigation secretary
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- E-Filing (federal/state/bankruptcy)
- Experience with Power Point and Excel
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills
- History with quality control and fastidious attention to detail
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.