Kutak Rock LLP has an opening for a full-time Legal Administrative Assistant in its Minneapolis office. Kutak Rock is a national law firm with offices in 18 locations, and it has an excellent benefits package that extends firm-wide.
The individual will support multiple lawyers whose practices focus in the area of employee benefits and are largely transactional in nature. The individual will be expected to work with other staff members in a variety of office settings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work comfortably and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Keep multiple projects progressing simultaneously
- Recognize changing needs and prioritize work to accommodate
- Maintain high work quality under pressure of tight deadlines
- Organize and maintain extensive sets of files, both paper and electronic
- Prepare, proofread, revise, and update a variety of documents and correspondence
- Use Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel at an advanced level, including:
- Document versions
- Comparison and redline tools
- Section and page breaks
- Cross references
- Formulas and conditional formatting
- Headers and footers
- Styles and schemes
- Use NetDocuments (software file and document management system)
- Effectively and professionally communicate verbally and through writing with attorneys, clients, and staff
- Identify and resolve issues with minimal assistance
- Maintain multiple calendars
- Schedule meetings, appointments, and conference calls
- Track and docket projects and deadlines
- Book travel arrangements by using the internet, including flights and hotel reservations
- Coordinate high volume of billing materials with accounting department
- Use DTEAxiom (software package used for recording time and expenses)
- Coordinate execution and distribution of documents with multiple parties, including clients and third parties
- Assist in meeting preparations
- Perform general office duties, including preparing copies and scanning documents
- Transcribe dictation
- Assist others and complete additional duties as assigned
- Be flexible with hours when work demands
- Education: High School (or equivalent) required; college given preference
- Experience: Some experience as an Administrative Assistant; legal experience given preference
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent writing and document formatting skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong proofreading skills
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.