TRANSACTIONAL PARALEGAL - DOCUMENT ASSISTANT
Kutak Rock LLP, a national law firm, is looking for a Paralegal – Document Assistant with 2 years of transactional experience for its Los Angeles office.
The primary responsibility is to provide document and legal due diligence assistance for lawyers in the Los Angeles Public Finance Group.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares or edits legal documents
- Prepares legal documents for e-mail transmission to clients
- Identifies and compiles documents for closings
- Assembles signature pages and final documents for transcripts
- Handle confidential records and information with discretion
- General office duties, such as preparing scans, copies, printing e-mails, and documents
- Organizes and maintains extensive sets of files, both paper and electronic
- Proactively accepts responsibility and takes directions for work assignments and tasks
- Flexibility to work overtime
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact directly with attorneys, clients and other firm members on a daily basis
- Ability to work under pressures of deadlines and complete large volumes of work accurately and timely
- Ability to work well independently with little supervision
- Self-starter; energetic and sense of urgency
- Bachelors or Associates degree is preferred
- Good understanding of Microsoft Word and Office
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Minimum two years’ Legal office experience is required
No recruiter calls at this time.
California Applicants (Privacy Notice): In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as part of our processing and evaluation of California job applicants, Kutak Rock LLP collects the information that such applicants voluntarily provide to us as well as information that we may gather from third-party sources, such as for verification, reference, and background check purposes. This information typically includes the following categories of information: identifiers, protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, professional or employment-related information, non-public education information, and inferences drawn from other personal information (such as from references). Some of this information may be covered by the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). Kutak Rock LLP uses this information for business purposes solely within the context of each applicant’s role as a job applicant to, and (if applicable) a future employee of, Kutak Rock LLP, including potentially retaining this information in order to consider and contact you about future or different employment opportunities. Please contact Kutak Rock LLP’s Human Resources Department should you have any questions about the categories of personal information Kutak Rock LLP collects about California job applicants or the purposes for which Kutak Rock LLP uses such information.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.