Kutak Rock LLP is seeking a full-time Public Finance Legal Secretary with 2+ years of experience for its Los Angeles office. The individual will support lawyers and be expected to work with other staff members in a variety of office settings. The selected candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Office 2010.
Experience in a law firm required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General office duties, such as preparing scans, copies, printing e-mails and documents
- Prepare and/or edit legal documents, correspondence, and/or contracts in draft and final form from handwritten, typed drafts or materials brought over from the Internet
- Proofread documents for changes to be made before the final copy if produced
- Perform document comparisons using WorkShare
- Assist in managing closing documents and preparing closing binders including electronic closing binders and distribution via FedEx and Certified US Mail
- Organize and maintain extensive sets of files, both paper and electronic
- Proactively accept responsibility and take directions for work assignments and tasks
- Exemplify high attention to detail
- Keep records and enter lawyers’ time and expenses for submission to Accounting Department
- Work independently and as a team player to meet the clients’ demands
- Handle client matters (when appropriate) through telephone and e-mail
- Maintain e-mails and/or documents on our Document Management System (NetDocs) as determined by attorneys
- Must be able to work additional hours when work demands and take on additional duties
Education and Experience
- High School (or equivalent) required; college given preference
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well under the pressures of deadlines, prioritize and multi task, and have the ability to move from one project to another
- An aptitude to interface with lawyers, clients and staff
Kutak Rock offers a collegial working environment with a competitive benefits package.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.