Kutak Rock LLP has an opening for a full time (37.5 hours per week) Corporate Legal Secretary in its Little Rock office. Kutak Rock is a national law firm with an excellent benefits package that extends firm wide.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide secretarial support to multiple attorneys and be expected to work alongside a team of other staff members within the corporate legal department.
This position is an in-office position, Monday - Friday.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Type documents, firm standard letters, correspondence, and memorandum received via hand-written or electronic copy, and edit typed work product to firm format standards, using internal programs for document revision and clean-up
- Utilize document management system and email integrated management system for individual capacity and supported attorneys
- Understand and manage various document comparisons
- Proofread documents for revisions
- Generate, organize, copy, scan and maintain electronic and physical client files, transcripts and reports
- Accurately enter attorney time and expenses into the firm’s timekeeping software; manage accounting deadlines of same
- Answer telephones
- Maintain attorney calendars by scheduling appointments for conferences and meetings
- Accurately make attorney travel arrangements
- Organize and coordinate mailings of various sizes and delivery methods
- Handle confidential documents and information with discretion
- Assist with and maintain Continuing Legal Education (CLE) records and bar association memberships
- Assist with other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School (or equivalent) required; college given preference
- Preference given to experience in legal secretarial field but not necessary
- Knowledge of PC and Windows applications and proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to handle the workload for multiple attorneys
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.