SENIOR BUSINESS & LEGAL RESEARCH ANALYST
The Senior Business & Legal Research Analyst reports to the Director, Knowledge Services and will provide expert legal and business research for the firm’s attorneys and administrative departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver proactive and value-added research to the firm
- Provide expert legal and business research assistance to the attorneys and administrative staff in a timely and effective manner
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of internal resources and systems to enhance research deliverables
- Provide analysis and synthesis of research results and presents findings in a manner promoting effective decision making where appropriate
- Advise attorneys and paralegals on research strategy and resource selection to ensure research is accurate and conducted in the most efficient and cost-effective manner
- Handle Rule 506 Bad Actor research requests and provides appropriate memorandum of searches and search findings
- Perform cite & quote checks of memorandums and briefs
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the Research Services, practice area and administrative department’s intranet pages
- Manage current awareness alerts and tracks potential and current clients in multiple target markets and industries
- Assist in the development of training resources and training programs for attorneys and paralegals
- Participate in the ongoing evaluation of online resources
- Prioritize continuous learning by seeking professional development opportunities
- Other projects as assigned by Director, Knowledge Services
- Master of Library and Information Science or equivalent required
- Five to seven years professional experience in an academic or special library, preferably three of the years in a law firm setting
- Experience with an integrated library system, preferably SydneyEnterprise
- Some experience using legal data analytics products
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and complete projects within provided timeframe
- Demonstrated proficiency in a variety of research and analytics databases, including Westlaw Edge, Courthouse News, Hoovers, Mergent, VitalLaw (formerly Cheetah), and PACER
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills using Microsoft Excel pivot tables and pivot charts to create dashboards
- Prior work with a SharePoint based intranet
- Ability to use good judgment to make decisions on which resources would be the most appropriate to use to research cost effectively and efficiently
- Possess clear, concise, and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven success as a service-oriented, proactive, flexible, adaptable, responsible, and detail-oriented individual
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, often with team members in other offices and/or time zones
- Willingness to assist with various administrative duties and projects as necessary
- Requires the ability to regularly report to work on days and times scheduled
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
Position may be located in any Kutak Rock office with the possibility of hybrid or remote work depending on firm office location.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $85,000, commensurate with experience.
Benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Dependent Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Flexible Spending Plan. Health Savings Account. Profit-Sharing and 401(k) Retirement benefits. Paid Holidays and Paid-Time Off Plan. Employee Assistance Program. Tuition Reimbursement. Back-Up Care. Domestic Partner Benefits. Commuting Benefits. Some of the foregoing benefits include Employer/Employee cost sharing.
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.