Kutak Rock LLP’s Kansas City office is seeking a Public Finance Associate Attorney with 1 - 5 years of public finance and/or corporate securitization experience. Experience working with state and local governments, underwriters and banks in connection with tax-exempt and taxable financings is helpful. In the absence of public finance or corporate securitization experience, the successful candidate should have general corporate and/or real estate transactional experience.
This position will work with partners, associates and clients in a very busy national public finance/economic development practice, involving a wide range of types of transactions and projects throughout Kansas and Missouri, including:
- Research of federal and state law, including the Internal Revenue Code, the federal securities laws, state bond law, and state economic incentives
- Preparation of transaction documents, including indentures, closing documents and development agreements
- Preparation of underwriting documents, including offering documents, purchase agreements and disclosure certificates
- Interacting with and communicating with client representatives and negotiating with opposing counsel
Candidates must have:
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong analytical skills and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. The drive to help shape and expand a growing practice
- The ability and confidence to work independently and demonstrate flexibility and desire to work in a diverse, fast-paced practice
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.