Kutak Rock LLP’s Kansas City office seeks a litigation paralegal with a minimum of four years of experience in litigation. Candidates should have excellent educational qualifications, attention to detail, good writing skills and technical knowledge.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform legal and nonlegal research
- Draft pleadings, motions, discovery, briefs, memoranda, and correspondence
- Assist with case management, strategy, and progression
- Assist attorneys with deposition preparation including preparing witness question outlines and compiling the necessary exhibits to be offered during the deposition
- Assist with all aspects of the discovery phase including preparing discovery requests and discovery objections and responses, issuing all types of subpoenas, and coordinating depositions
- Assist in the gathering, review, and production of documents during the discovery phase of litigation
- Prepare for and attend client meetings, document productions, depositions, hearings and trials
- Prepare summaries of depositions, documents and medical records
- Assist in trial preparation by preparing trial and exhibit notebooks, preparing direct and cross examinations, and coordinating the necessary travel arrangements and various resource needs for trial
- Assist at trial by outlining testimony, organizing exhibits and preparing witnesses
- Handle routine correspondence and maintain telephone contact with client
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited paralegal/legal assistant program with five years of related litigation experience at a law firm or a corporate law department.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.