Kutak Rock’s Kansas City office seeks a full-time Litigation Legal Secretary. As a member of the litigation team, the Litigation Legal Secretary will provide shared support to the litigation department and perform secretarial duties for attorneys and paralegals.
The Kansas City litigation team is comprised of 18 lawyers, two paralegals, and four legal administrative assistants.
- Type and/or edit legal documents, pleadings, discovery, and correspondence from handwritten, typed drafts, or materials brought over from the web
- Answer telephones and handle client matters, when appropriate, through telephone and email
- Organize, correlate, and edit drafts of documents for attorneys
- Generate, organize, and maintain extensive sets of files and reports
- Scan documents and send/receive via email for attorneys
- Keep record of attorney’s time and expenses and submit to Accounting Department in a timely fashion; recap expense memoranda and other miscellaneous accounting projects as assigned
- Maintain calendars by scheduling appointments for conferences and meetings
- Maintain client files and transcripts
- Arrange business itineraries by coordinating travel reservations
- Read and route incoming and internal mail; assemble large mailings
- Proofread documents for changes to be made before the final copy is produced
- Assist with other duties as assigned-
QUALIFICATIONS: Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; aptitude to interface with lawyers, clients, and staff
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to handle the workload for multiple attorneys
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Adaptability to each attorney’s working style
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of PC and Windows applications
- Knowledge of legal terminology and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word and other Office 365 products
- Proficiency in Casenet, Pacer and eFlex
QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience
- High School or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- Experience in legal secretarial field preferred
Benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Dependent Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Flexible Spending Plan. Health Savings Account. Profit-Sharing and 401(k) Retirement benefits. Paid Holidays and Paid-Time Off Plan. Employee Assistance Program. Tuition Reimbursement. Back-Up Care. Domestic Partner Benefits. Commuting Benefits. Some of the foregoing benefits include Employer/Employee cost sharing.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
About the Firm
Kutak Rock was formed in 1965 with a commitment to exceptional client service delivered with a collaborative, team-focused approach. Our founding charter commits the firm to “allow and encourage each individual within it to be a full person,” and we strive to offer an exceptional professional environment, intellectually challenging and engaging work in multiple disciplines, competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for training and career development. We are a leading national law firm with locations in 19 cities united by our common commitment to our core values of client service; integrity and fairness; innovation; and inclusiveness and diversity.
We are dedicated to the maintenance of a respectful, collegial, communicative, and equal opportunity workplace that encourages and rewards innovation and entrepreneurship. We measure our success not just on the basis of our revenues or our profits, but by the satisfaction we deliver for our clients and the health, engagement and loyalty of our people.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.