Join Kutak Rock's growing business development team and assist this AmLaw-ranked (#125) law firm with the drafting of effective, persuasive content and the production of proposals and responses to requests for proposals (“RFPs”).
Kutak Rock, a leading national business and governmental law firm with 540 attorneys in 18 U.S. offices, has an excellent, full-time employment opportunity for a Business Development Writer. This position requires effective written and oral communication skills, project management abilities and the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Our ideal candidate will quickly intellectualize topics or situations and draft original content that is concise and audience-appropriate.
This position can be located in the following Kutak Rock office locations: Atlanta, Chicago, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Omaha or Scottsdale. This is an in-office position and remote, fractional or freelance situations are not being considered.
- Drafting narrative for use on the firm’s website and in proposals and responses to RFPs
- Assisting with the writing, production and delivery of client-focused proposals, qualifications statements and presentation materials in response to RFPs and other opportunities for new business
- Packaging proposals for delivery
- Soliciting representative transaction detail from attorneys
- Recording proposal activity in the firm’s experience database
Well-qualified candidates will possess:
- A post-secondary degree, preferably in English, communications or marketing
- 5+ years’ experience drafting dynamic, persuasive content, with preference to candidates who possess law firm or similar, professional services experience
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident, self-starting attitude and ability to manage varying deadlines
- Effective interpersonal relationship skills
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.