Kutak Rock LLP's Kansas City office is seeking a corporate associate attorney for its mergers and acquisitions and real estate practice groups. Ideally, the candidate would have 3 or fewer years of prior law firm transactional experience.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in a mergers and acquisitions (M&A) practice.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of transaction documents.
- Fundamental understanding and desire to develop expertise in M&A transactions.
- Associate will also provide support to the firm’s real estate practice group. Background or interest in acquisitions, dispositions, and leasing of real estate financing is a plus.
- Knowledge of finance and tax is helpful.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple matters and tasks simultaneously and to complete tasks efficiently, effectively, and in a timely manner.
- Ability to learn new substantive legal topics and factual subject matters as-needed based on the nature of a matter.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Strong organization and matter management skills.
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with partners, associates, and support staff.
- Ability to work effectively with large working groups as part of a transaction team.
Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in the State of Missouri.Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.