Kutak Rock LLP has an opening for a part-time Legal Transcriptionist. Affiliated with the Irvine office, the Legal Transcriptionist will work 10-20 hours per week, providing accurate and verbatim transcription for litigation lawyers.
This is a hybrid position. The Legal Transcriptionist must be able to work from the Irvine office on an as needed basis.
- Discretion and maintenance of firm and client matters in strictest confidence
- Accurate, verbatim transcription and editing of legal documents and drafts from digital recordings
QUALIFICATIONS: Skills & Abilities
- Minimum typing speed of 65 wpm, with minimum 95% accuracy
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Active listening and reading comprehension skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Windows 10
- Proficiency in the English language
- Ability to meet specific deadlines for completion of assignments
- Willingness and ability to learn new software platforms unique to Kutak Rock
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing technology on a continuing basis
- Flexible with hours when work demands
QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a legal word processor or transcriptionist
QUALIFICATIONS: Hybrid Position
- Reliable power and internet source at home
- Must be available by Zoom, phone, and email during scheduled work hours
- Must be able to come to and work from Irvine office location on an as needed basis
Salary Range: $20 - $25 per hour, commensurate with experience and skill set
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Kutak Rock requires all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to a state or local exemption procedure, or a reasonable accommodation for a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief if accommodation does not cause Kutak Rock an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and/or to the candidate who requested the accommodation.
About the Firm
Kutak Rock was formed in 1965 with a commitment to exceptional client service delivered with a collaborative, team-focused approach. Our founding charter commits the firm to “allow and encourage each individual within it to be a full person,” and we strive to offer an exceptional professional environment, intellectually challenging and engaging work in multiple disciplines, competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for training and career development. We are a leading national law firm with locations in 19 cities united by our common commitment to our core values of client service; integrity and fairness; innovation; and inclusiveness and diversity.
We are dedicated to the maintenance of a respectful, collegial, communicative, and equal opportunity workplace that encourages and rewards innovation and entrepreneurship. We measure our success not just on the basis of our revenues or our profits, but by the satisfaction we deliver for our clients and the health, engagement and loyalty of our people.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.