Kutak Rock LLP, a national law firm, has an opening for a litigation paralegal with a minimum of four years of experience in civil litigation in its Irvine Office. Candidates should have excellent educational qualifications, attention to detail, good writing skills and technical knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain publicly recorded real property documents, including pre-foreclosure documents, and analyze title issues.
- Prepare real property documents for recordation.
- Review, manage and analyze loan servicer records.
- Obtain civil index information and court documents in federal, state and bankruptcy courts.
- Prepare and maintain document management systems.
- Assist attorneys with discovery including preparation of discovery requests and responses.
- Review and organize discovery documents.
- Prepare subpoenas and deposition notices.
- Research laws, investigate facts, and independently prepare documents to assist attorneys with matters.
- Summarize legal documents.
- Determine and calendar deadlines.
- Perform a wide variety of legal research and data compilations.
- File pleadings with courts.
- Assist attorneys with preparation for mediation and trials.
- Communicate with witnesses and experts and assist with scheduling.
- Enter billing and expense data into firm system in a timely manner.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.