Kutak Rock LLP has an opening for a full time (37.5 hours per week) Litigation Secretary in its Fayetteville office. Kutak Rock is a national law firm with an excellent benefits package that extends firm wide.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide secretarial support to multiple attorneys and work alongside a team of other staff members within the corporate legal department.
This position is an in-office position, Monday - Friday.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Types and/or edits legal documents and correspondence from handwritten, typed drafts or materials brought over from the web
- Answers telephones and handles client matters (when appropriate) through telephone and email
- Organizes, correlates and edits drafts of documents for attorneys
- Scans documents and sends/receives via email for attorneys
- Keeps record of attorney’s time and expenses and submits to accounting department in a timely fashion; recapping expense memoranda and other miscellaneous accounting projects as assigned
- Maintains attorney calendars by scheduling appointments for court appearances, conferences and meetings, including receiving court notifications and scheduling docket matters
- Files pleadings with the various courts, including online filing systems
- Maintains client files and transcripts
- Arranges business itineraries by coordinating travel reservations
- Reads and routes incoming and internal mail; assembles large mailings
- Proofreads documents for changes to be made before the final copy is produced
- Assists with other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of legal terminology and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word and other Office 2010 products
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude to interface with lawyers, clients and staff in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to handle the workload for multiple attorneys
QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience
- High School (or equivalent) required; college given preference
- Experience in legal secretarial field required
- Litigation and trial preparation experience preferred
No recruiting agencies please.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.