The primary responsibilities of a public finance department disclosure paralegal are to provide direct assistance to department attorneys in the due diligence investigation and the resultant preparation of disclosure offering documents for public financings.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate from an ABA approved institution are preferred for this entry-level position. Ability to examine, evaluate and summarize large quantities of information with respect to public financings, including numerical data. Ability to review and understand at a rudimentary level (initially with some guidance), basic financial statements of governmental entities (including audits and budgets), for the purpose of incorporating data into an offering document. Ability to perform simple mathematical computations (including the calculation of ratios) and analyze for inclusion in offering documents. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary. Must be proficient with word processing systems (MS Office). Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and willingness to assume responsibility for the start and completion of tasks within specific timeframes. Must have strong organization skills and be able to multi-task, being able to handle the due diligence review and the drafting of documents for multiple public financings concurrently.
- Prepare first drafts of basic disclosure documents, including the initial drafting of multiple sections within public offering documents, attend and participate in drafting sessions, make revisions to primary documents
- Perform due diligence to verify information and data contained in the disclosure offering document, including review of financial statements of public entities, county assessor and treasurer data, statistical data, among others
- Complete research and determine compliance of public entities on the Electronic Municipal Market Access facility for municipal securities disclosure of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board
- Coordinate the distribution of documents to participants
- Coordinate the printing of the offering document
- File all documents as required
- Develop and maintain research files including demographic and economic statistics (which information is to be gathered through online research and telephonic and email inquiries of governmental offices)
- Draft correspondence
- Organize and analyze documents
- Handle routine correspondence, maintains telephone contact with the clients and consult the supervising attorney for legal advice when necessary
Salary Range: $55,000 - $95,000, commensurate with experience.
Benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Dependent Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Flexible Spending Plan. Health Savings Account. Profit-Sharing and 401(k) Retirement benefits. Paid Holidays and Paid-Time Off Plan. Employee Assistance Program. Tuition Reimbursement. Back-Up Care. Domestic Partner Benefits. Commuting Benefits. Some of the foregoing benefits include Employer/Employee cost sharing.
No agencies please.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.