The primary responsibility is to provide secretarial support to multiple litigation lawyers and be expected to work with other staff members in a variety of office settings. The selected candidate will be proficient in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office products, including Office 2013, and be willing and able to learn new software platforms unique to Kutak Rock and adapt to changing technology on a continuing basis.
Selected candidate must also have a minimum of three years of litigation secretarial experience. Experience with electronic filing in both state and federal court is required. The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented professional, have the ability to work well under the pressures of deadlines, prioritize and multitask, and have the ability to move from one project to another. In addition to excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude to interface with clients, courts, lawyers, and staff.
- Discretion and maintenance of firm and client matters in strictest confidence
- Type/revise pleadings, discovery, briefs, memorandums, and correspondence (use of redaction and advance PDF processing software)
- Submit state and federal court filings
- Maintain Court deadlines in CompuLaw (docketing software)
- Answer telephones and cover for others when needed
- Handle client matters (when appropriate) through telephone/e-mail/mail/facsimile
- Use Intapp Time Entry (software package)
- Keep records of attorney’s time and expenses and submit to Accounting Department in a timely fashion; recapping expense memoranda and other miscellaneous accounting projects as assigned
- Maintain attorney work calendars by scheduling appointments, conference calls and other meetings
- Prepare travel, hotel and car arrangements
- General office duties such as preparing copies, scanning, printing e-mails, and documents
- Handle heavy filing, organize and maintain extensive sets of files, both paper and electronic
- Use File Trail (software package) and organize/maintain sets of files
- Read and route incoming and internal mail; assemble large mailings
- Must be flexible with hours when work demands
- Assist with other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10, including Microsoft Office 2013
- Experience with PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School (or equivalent) required; college given preference
- Three or more years' experience as a litigation secretary
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000, commensurate with experience.
Benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Dependent Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Flexible Spending Plan. Health Savings Account. Profit-Sharing and 401(k) Retirement benefits. Paid Holidays and Paid-Time Off Plan. Employee Assistance Program. Tuition Reimbursement. Back-Up Care. Domestic Partner Benefits. Commuting Benefits. Some of the foregoing benefits include Employer/Employee cost sharing.
Kutak Rock requires all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to a state or local exemption procedure, or a reasonable accommodation for a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief if accommodation does not cause Kutak Rock an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and/or to the candidate who requested the accommodation.
No agencies please.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.