Duties and Responsibilities:
Kutak Rock LLP’s Denver office is seeking to hire one full-time floating legal secretary. The selected individual will perform secretarial duties for attorneys throughout the office, cover desks during secretarial vacations and sick leave, provide back-up receptionist coverage, and help with overflow work.
- Editing and creating documents, firm standard letters, pleadings, correspondence, and memoranda received via hand-written copy, electronically, or dictation
- Proofreading to ensure accuracy
- Creating redline comparisons
- Using Intapp Time software for accurate entering of time and expense records
- Preparing monthly expense reports
- Copying, scanning and filing various client documents, as needed
- Using FileTrail software for organizing/maintaining sets of files
- Answering telephones and e-mail
- Making necessary arrangements for meetings and closings
- Using the Internet to make travel reservations
- Handling confidential documents and information with discretion
- High School (or equivalent) required; college experience preferred
- A minimum of three years’ legal secretary experience
- Previous litigation experience; excellent technical, organizational, written and verbal communication, proofreading, and attention to detail skills
- Use Word, Outlook and other Microsoft Office products at an advanced level
- Litigation knowledge of electronic filings (preferred)
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills
- Ability to adapt to different situations; ability to be a team player
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
Kutak Rock LLP does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes through our website from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors through our website including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Kutak Rock LLP are deemed gratuitous, and the firm will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us through our website is hired from a source other than from the candidate.